- Conduct analysis and review of pricing, costing, operational process, and profit for selected customers using the relevant pricing tools.
- Recommend pricing strategies on day-to-day RFQ’s and Adhoc quotes
- Work closely with Commercial teams to develop, implement and track recommended actions.
- Ensuring up to date information is made available in the pricing intranets such as rates, fuel surcharge, E.t.c
- Conducting training on pricing related topics
- Devising innovative processes / programs and solutions to make pricing more efficient and continuing to drive Company's business forward profitable growth
- Support strategic pricing projects such as General Price Increases, Loss maker program and ship to profile review among others
- Support in preparation of medium term pricing strategy
- Support collection of competitive pricing intelligence
- Escalate pricing issues that significantly impact short-term and long-term pricing strategy
- Update pricing logs
- Train and advice sales in exercising the discount policy and dispensing contract rates appropriately.
- Train and advise sales on appropriate pricing strategies
- Train and advise sales on the various product tariff structures
- Support the account renewal and opening process through reviewing application forms
To Finance / Billing teams:
- Provide pricing approvals where required e.g. pricing related credit notes for say Adhoc quotations
To other Business Units namely CSI, MNC, GFS:
- To assist in tariff extraction from internal in-country systems
- To advise on appropriate pricing strategy for regional or global lead RFQ’s upon request
- Provisions of margin visibility as well as win and loss rates
- Management of Pricing strategy, simulations, surcharges administration, training, promotions, competitive intelligence
- Management of account application and renewal forms
- Ensure that all pricing collateral such as tariff cards submitted to customers portray the brand in a positive manner and are user friendly
- Using the portfolio of pricing tools such as GRE, CARAT, the spot rate pricing tool, the rate extraction tool among others.