The Product Planning Manager coordinates the functions of new model planning, researching and analysis of market requirements, trends and competitors’ activities, and automotive regulations, ensuring that the latest developments and changes are captured. The manager updates the management on market and products movements and provides insight on customers' expectations leading to an optimum return of investment in the products.
A. Key responsibilities
· Formulating new model strategies for long term business.
· Market analysis and positioning
· Managing the comprehensive database on market product specifications, their values, and benefits.
· Regular reporting of market’s competitive activities to the management and to the sales organization
· Responsible for detailed market information and presentations.
· Researching, tracking and updating the Directors on all political and economical issues in Vietnam, mainly related to car industry as well as changes in the competitive environment for vehicles in Vietnam
· To be involved in local sourcing, costings and pricing development.
· Keeping up-to-date knowledge on relevant products of the franchise brands.
· To support technical information with all relevant departments in the company
· Other ad-hoc assignments and projects
B. Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
· Must be technically competent, preferably with engineering degree
· Minimum 3 years active planning experience in the Automotive Industry, preferably from on leading motor vehicles Distributors
· Good analytical and Communication skills
· Ability to impact and influence managers, peers and employees
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
· Proven ability to plan and organize independently
· Drives continuous improvement
· Secures follow-up and results
· Efficient problem solving
· Fluent in English and report writing
· Good Computer skills (mandatory)
https://www.tanchonggroup.com Number of employees: 100-499