Get to know our Team:
We are a team that celebrates mutual respect and collaboration. We are passionate about creating value for customers and partners. We strive to do excellent and meaningful work with the clarity of thought, creativity and effective execution. If all these excite you, join us today.
Get to know the Role:
The Special Projects Manager is responsible for scoping, building and operating new business verticals to drive overall business growth in a dynamic and highly competitive environment. He/she works across departments and functions to problem-solve critical issues, with a focus on business impact.
The day-to-day activities:
- Define the current landscape for each business vertical. Identify current consumer needs, business opportunities, and key segments to target.
- Based on data and research -- effectively develop and communicate a clear Grab value proposition to customers’ needs
- Develop the necessary operational structure to make the new business vertical work; identify resource gaps and identify solutions to these gaps
- Work with Marketing to create an effective Go-to-Market plan for these verticals.
- Budgeting and P&L Management: Work with Country Head to set business targets and allocate budget. Plan and execute business and operations plan to hit said targets within assigned budget. Manage and track the team’s budgets effectively; be able to forecast expenditures and ROI. Regularly report to local and regional stakeholders.
- Cross Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other Grab leaders (including other Business Vertical Heads, Product, Engineering, Data, User Trust, Legal, Public Affairs, etc) to address issues, identify new opportunities and share best practices.
- Implement and manage work processes and procedures; work closely with ops, marketing, product and business development teams throughout Southeast Asia (SEA). Ensure cross-functional alignment on initiatives and timelines
- Set up robust performance metrics for teams. Be fully aligned on company’s growth strategies and empower teams to execute country strategies in support of business KPIs.
- Support to build and maintain a high performing team with a best in class team culture. Provide coaching and continuous professional development of teammates.
The must haves:
- Have at least a University degree with 4-5 relevant working experience in Business Development, Marketing, Sales & Account Management. Prior experience in management consulting, general management, investment banking strongly preferred.
- Entrepreneurship experience, or experience in a similar start-up or fast-paced, hyper-growth environment is a definite plus.
- Proven experience in developing strategies, and translating said strategies into tangible outcomes
- Demonstrates clarity of thought, sharp analytical ability, effective problem-solver.
- Capable of basic business modelling and data analysis to drive decision making
- Strong track record in both project and process management, a high level of attention to detail and efficiency while working on various projects and under tight timelines
- Strong inter-personal skills to manage both internal and external stakeholders; can align and motivate large groups of people towards a particular goal
- Can design effective PowerPoint presentations, proficient in Word/Excel as well
- Good command of written and spoken English and Khmer.
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment required.