If you’re looking for a career that will help you to stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
RBWM Department: Sales, Distribution and Business Development - Sales, Distribution and Business Development plays a vital role in meeting customer needs by offering the right products through the right channels to the right customer segments, thereby maximising value and business revenue. Responsible for achieving sales and revenue targets and implementing distribution strategy, the team drives the delivery of market leading retail customer experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Head of Business Oversight (BO) to deliver a robust and compliant Business Risk Control capability within ‘First Line of Defence’ to follow the Global model.
- Assist Head of BO to deliver and control the implementation of local regulations and Group policies as well as projects in respect of RBWM.
- Effective delivery and responsibility for application and scoping of local RCAs in alignment with global generic RCAs.
- Roll out RCA, ICMP to assess the internal control effectiveness on the key risk items as well as ensure timely remediation actions and reporting.
- Deliver best operational practice through BRCM activities, themed RBWM business reviews, liaison with RBWM teams and other functional areas.
- Provide advice to RBWM teams to tighten the control gaps and for adherence to both internal and external directives from ‘Second Line of Defence’ including but not limited to Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk, Information Security Risk, Fraud Risk, Business Continuity functions.
- Protect the Bank from potential operational loss (financial and reputational losses) by working with RBWM teams to implement Operational Risk and Control framework
- Co-ordinate to support RBWM teams in conjunction with CMP, LGA, Risk, SFR, ISR and ASP
- Build networks within RBWM teams and across functions and ASP RBWM to provide expertise and implement BRCM capability.
- Share best practices with business, function and stakeholder, and heighten control standards.
- Assist Head of BRCM to ensure adherence to Group Standards, Regulatory and Group and local Audit requirements.
- Effective use of Ops Risk tools (including RCA, TRA, ICMP , Risk Map, Helios), Key Indicators and Dashboard, MSIIs and Audit Database to mitigate risks.
- Assist Head of BO to ensure full control testing programmes are in place and that they are robust and fit for purpose.
- Conduct trainings/ briefings to RBWM management teams to ensure a high level of risk awareness and compliance.