ABOUT THE POSITION
Take part in building and Implement Regional Quality Assurance strategic plan. Follow and continuously pursuit the target of Quality Assurance at Source Base level. Position is responsible for leading and supporting our factories/vendors in all aspects of Quality Assurance for corporate apparel and accessory product lines produced within the LO and region.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Support change to evolve into an efficient, Best-in-Class Quality organization.
• Support and monitor initiatives that align with new Continuous Improvement direction.
• Work in close collaboration with all Sourcing Office departments to ensure efficient and effective product execution.
• Provide leadership for LOQA teams via QA Supervisor/Group Leader, promote team building and ensure consistent adherence to company QA procedures.
• Closely monitor performance of QA Supervisor / Group Leader / Quality Auditors and Factories. Lead in problem resolution and problem solving.
• Assist in building internal Auditor staff to support our Factory and Fabric Mill Quality Systems Evaluation program.
• Assist in the development, training and leadership to move to a balanced QA/QC model and away from excessive product inspection.
• Manage internal training and development of QA teams in partnership with Sourcing Office and Corporate leadership.
• Work with QA Supervisor/Group Leader to manage and balance the QA resources between two offices per workloads required
• Manage and instruct QA Supervisor/Group Leader in controlling QA operation budgets.
• Support and associate Quality Engineer with QA Supervisor/Group Leader operations in quality initiative implementation.
• Coaching and supporting QA Supervisor/Group Leader in QA associates developing program.
• Setting Goals for QA Supervisor/Group Leader, Follow up, review and evaluate QA Supervisor/Group Leader performance periodically.
• Coaching, Leading both two Area QA departments to align with Corporate QA Strategy. Communicates the Corporate QA plan down thru the Area QA organizations and all Vendors within Vietnam to ensure clear understanding and ownership.
• Interpersonal Savviness
• Negotiation skills
• Influence skills
• Conflict management skills
• Conceptual thinking
• Forward Thinking
• University degree strongly preferred, but will consider appropriate experience.
• Require a minimum of 8-year experience in Apparel Quality Assurance or related manufacturing positions, with at least 3-year experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
• Fluent written and spoken English is required.
• Knowledge of LEAN production system
• Knowledge of TQM, 7 Basic Quality Tools
• Knowledge of Process-Engineering
• Knowledge of KANBAN, KEIZEN, PDCA
• Good Presentation (in English) skill
• A background/education in Quality Systems and principles a strong advantage
Number of employees: 100-499