Responsible for reviewing of design for producibility, supplier liaison, analysis of data, process implementation, testing of components, the creation of product specifications and process flow and control documentation, process refinement to achieve. Design intent including cosmetic finishing, production release of the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading technical and integration aspects of product development
- Implementation and/or refinement of existing fabrication methods/processes for transition of products into volume production.
- Test components for durability and coordinate component distribution for player testing and Manufacturing pre-production testing.
- Assess Supplier processes for Process Capability as required to achieve and maintain sustained production.
- Oversee and track the creation of detailed drawings for new products by interfacing with; Design, Tooling, Quality, Manufacturing and Suppliers.
- Suggest, test and implement process improvements to Callaway’s designs, processes and to Supplier’s processes and manufacturing methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience utilizing engineering fundamentals and testing methods.
- General knowledge of development and manufacturing processes required.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable materials (Titanium, steel, thermoplastics, composites, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable processes (casting, forming, injection molding, compression molding, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with investment casting, forging, welding, metal finishing, coatings, and/or composites is a plus.
- Experience with injection and compression molding helpful.
- Knowledge of UG/NX helpful.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and/or SPC/TQM experience ideal.