In this role, you will be:
• Assisting Head of Regulatory Conduct in providing compliance support, advice and guidance to the first and second lines of defence relative to assigned regulation(s), regulatory requirements and/or compliance risks. Assisting in identifying any possible compliance deficiencies related to assigned regulation(s), regulatory requirements and/or compliance risks. Providing support to compliance projects which may include gathering and documenting functional requirements and reviewing key technical documentation
• Providing support to the team in order to ensure that risks are appropriately identified, reported and recorded in a timely manner
• Providing a quality day-to-day compliance service to DBS.
• Supporting execution and reporting of trend analysis metrics and all other available risk outputs
• Working with the wider Compliance functions to identify emerging regulatory risk and to enhance and expand reportable issues
• Assisting management in undertaking research, collation and analysis of data management information (MI) for presenting to the regulatory governing bodies and Senior management team
• Assisting handling of regulatory matters including on-site inspections, meetings, visits, surveys, administrative approvals, product filings, policy imperatives, banking association affairs, etc.
• To discharge the accountabilities set out in the Group Standard Manuals and Compliance Functional Instruction Manual by pro-actively assisting management in identifying and containing compliance risk, monitoring, reporting and certification; fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
• Assist Compliance Management in their support of Business Management in fulfilling their responsibilities in complying with the spirit and letter of all regulatory requirements and key Group requirements, as established by Group Compliance
• To support, advise on and monitor all aspects of the DBS operation, in order that DBS management can ensure that these Functions are conducted in accordance with the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice, Group Standards Manual and Compliance section of the Global Risk Functional Instruction Manual.
• To ensure that local businesses are in line with Group policies/local laws and regulations by conducting monitoring and review program for DBS on a regular basis in order to determine the level of Compliance and to report to Head of RC/country CCO all material and significant breaches (or potential breaches) of laws, rules, regulations and codes of practices; coordinate with DBS for regular reports/responses to ASP on any compliance matters and following up with function heads for their confirmations on Group compliance issues or deliver GCL to relevant functions.
• To perform compliance risk assessment and update compliance chart on a regular basis by conducting compliance risk assessment on an annual basis in conjunction with the relevant business and monitoring changes in the local laws and regulations.