Vietnam Investments (VI) Group is looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to work at our portfolio company - Sylvan Learning.
Job Description as following:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the Company’s overall day-to-day operating activities, ensuring all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage the operating functions of the Company’s centers.
- Play a significant role in developing and implementing the Company’s short-term and long-term strategies.
- Manage the sales and marketing activities of the Company.
- Perform other tasks assigned by CEO and BOD.
- Develop and implement operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their adequate execution; appraise and evaluate the operating results of company-owned centers regularly and systematically, and report these results to the CEO.
- Oversee, direct and organize operating activities at company-owned centers to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria.
- Develop and implement an operating system to monitor the performance and report the progress made at company-owned centers.
- Develop and maintain a sound plan of organization; establish policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure staff at company-owned centers provide consistent and high-quality services.
- Ensure staff at company-owned centers carry out routine maintenance of facilities; oversee the planning and implementation of a comprehensive capital improvement program for company-owned centers.
- Identify new branch locations; manage the establishment process of new centers, from conceptualization to field implementation.
SALES & MARKETING
- Plan and manage the Company’s sales and marketing strategy, including corporate reputation and branding.
- Work with the CEO to develop and execute internal and external communication strategies that express the Company’s vision, values and thought leadership.
- Establish a systemized/standardized process for assessing customer satisfaction.
- Manage, mentor and develop sales and marketing department staff to:
+ Deliver a wide range of PR and sales and marketing activities towards various groups of stakeholders. This includes managing and running all Company’s marketing campaigns and promotions.
+ Take a leading role in developing and maintaining the Company’s corporate image and identity by managing and promoting the Company’s brand.
+ Manage/review media, advertisements, placements and marketing communications, including writing and editing of Company corporate reports, monthly, quarterly and annual publications.
- Provide leadership to assigned areas by focusing planning and execution to help the Company, centers and franchisees succeed and improve productivity, particularly by providing staff with effective information, support systems, resources and business solutions.
- Create and maintain a customer service culture, program, orientation and focus for assigned areas; monitor departmental activities and customer satisfaction with service delivery; identify and implement appropriate improvement measures.