HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Strategic/Source Base: Collaborate with Regional Merchandise Manager to execute seasonal and long-term sourcing strategy for apparel from the Regional Source Base. Develop and maintain the product source base plan for the Liaison Office, based upon the Regional/Brand/Channel needs and aligned with the CSC global source strategy.
• Drive Commercialization Excellence: Lead the delivery of Brand promise from the region by driving product excellence for the assigned categories. Deliver Accuracy, Completeness, and Timeliness in Product Development and Commercialization Process for all assigned categories. Facilitate direct development opportunities with key Suppliers and Home Office Teams. Develop, standardize, and continually improve processes related to commercialization.
• Exemplify Brand Ambassadorship and Consumer Focus: act as the brand/category advocate in every interaction, proactively communicating the Category’s needs & reinforcing overall Columbia Sportswear Company’s expectations with vendors and internal partners. Build strong foundations with our partners to ensure beneficial long-term relationships.
• Seasonal/Yearly Vendor Reporting: Working with cross-functional management, ensure accuracy of performance “scorecards” data of each vendor to support Category Sourcing Managers in placing products with the right factories. Work closely with Vendor Base to identify opportunities and constraints – as it relates to achieving CSC and Category targets. Obtain, maintain, and circulate the Vendor’s seasonal capacity and capability data to internal audiences. Maintain visibility to category-level performance metrics across all functions for the regional vendor base and drive continuous improvement in these through collaboration with the x-functional team.
• Calendar Timelines & Sales Sample Process: Execute seasonal category calendar as it relates to LO activities. Find efficiencies and drive improvements in calendar and workflow management internally and externally. Ensure adherence to deadlines through effective team and process management. Provide inputs for sales sample capacity reservation. Lead the sales sample buy ready to process and enable full clarity of styles for quality sales sample production. Support Production and Quality Assurance teams to ensure 100% on-time and accurate sales sample delivery.
• Seasonal Style Workload Management: Leads the allocation & management workload of the merchandising team including style workload and other responsibilities. Ensure the manpower of the department is fully utilized and operating as effectively as possible.
• Drive Profitability by continually seeking improvements and efficiencies for the category, through product engineering opportunities. Investigate and recommend product cost savings opportunities, as an input to the Cost Engineering process. Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders on seasonal costing to support decision making. Work across suppliers and product categories/Brands to achieve fair, consistent, and sustainable product costing.
• Product Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Standards of Manufacturing Practices: Understand Corporate goals on Quality, Delivery, and SMP. Take proactive steps throughout the Commercialization process to build quality into the product. Lead category team in completion of Buy Ready and Cut Ready process to enable 100% on-time delivery. Support CR Management’s SMP efforts by contributing relevant information to the corrective action plan (CAP).
• Performance Management – Regional Source Base: In collaboration with DMM and cross-functional management team, conduct quarterly/seasonal meetings with suppliers to review performance. Proactively communicate source base issues and opportunities to LO and HQ staff. Establish & drive corrective action plans where applicable.
• Performance Management – Regional Team: Communicate roles and responsibilities and expectations for the category merchandising team. Working with LO DMM and cross-functional management, set clear goals and objectives for staff on a timely basis to align with Columbia Sportswear Company's strategic direction. Identify areas for continuous improvement within the individual and team performance. Provide ongoing coaching to merchandising staff to achieve these objectives. Develop individual and group training opportunities for merchandising staff. Work with HR and LO DMM on succession planning and create measurable performance evaluations. Manage Non-Performance with Courage.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with HO Departments and Vendors. Network within the industry to keep abreast of the latest developments in the Source base. Accompany Supplier trips to the home office when necessary to stay strategically aligned with new seasonal developments and strategic opportunities. Participate in cross-functional meetings, such as the ‘Innovation Huddle’, with the objective of solving category needs and establishing long-term process improvement with the vendor. Communicate CSC category expectations to vendors to ensure seamless adoption of new technology and/or innovative processes.
• People Development providing the leadership, coaching & mentoring to the team. Identify the appropriate training needed for people according to LO training program plan and people ID
• Interpersonal Savviness
• Negotiation skills
• Influence skills
• Conflict management skills
• Conceptual thinking
• Forward Thinking
• University degree in Manufacturing, Business, or related field.
• 10-12 years relevant experience in production, merchandising, development or a manufacturing environment, preferably in the garment industry or related soft goods industry.
• Work experience related to the management of people and the sourcing and costing processes.
• Knowledge of the Apparel Manufacturing and its associated upstream and downstream business processes.
• Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English, in relation to topics of a highly complex or technical nature.
• Ability to lead in ambiguous situations and able to prioritize, organize, provide focus and direction to staff
Number of employees: 100-499